- 1 chicken breast piece, skin and fat removed, sliced finely
- ¼ cup cabbage, sliced finely
- 2 tsps. olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock, chill and remove fat layer
- ½ tsp. grated green ginger
- 1 tsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- 1 tsp. white pepper powder
- 4 shallots, peeled, cut into thin diagonal slices
- 10 Tbsps. Quaker Instant / Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 stalk spring onion, sliced finely
- 1 stalk coriander
- 1 lime
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan and stir-fry chicken for 1-2 minutes until it browns slightly.
2. Add cabbage and stir-fry for about 1 minute.
3. Add stock, ginger, soy sauce, fish sauce, salt, pepper and shallots and bring the mixture to a boil.
4. Cover the pan and cook the soup over a simmering flame for about 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in oats and cook uncovered for about 1-2 minutes or until porridge becomes thick.
6. Dish out the oat porridge, garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.