- 250 grams of instant oats
- 250 grams of bread flour
- 300 grams of water
- 10 grams of instant yeast
- 10 grams of white sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon of salt
- Handful or rolled oats as toppings (optional)
1. Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl of a standing mixer, use the dough hook to beat the dough at medium speed for around 15 minutes or until the dough leaves the side of the mixing bowl. Transfer out to a lightly floured surface, shape round and let it proof until double in size - Cover the dough with a piece of damp cloth or cling wrap for first proof till dough almost double in size
2. Take some dough and lightly shape it into the rope (snake) with about 2 cm in diameter. Put one side of the rope at the centre of your palm. Roll the connecting parts on the lightly flour surface to seal the edges.
3. Let the bagel proof for second time until double in size. While proofing , covered with a piece of wet cloth or cling wrap.
4. Bring a pan of water to boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat to medium and let it simmer.
5. Pre-heat the oven to 220 degree Celsius. Once the bagel has doubled in size, carefully transfer one bagel to a ladle. Drop it to the simmering water and let it boil for 30 seconds on each side. Sprinkle some roll oats on the surface of bagel (optional). Lightly press and put the bagel to the baking tray. Bake in the pre-heated oven of 220 degree Celsius for 15-20 minutes or until the desired colour tone.