- 1/2 cup whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- extra butter for cooking
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 fresh egg
- cream cheese to spread
- 1/2 cup organic baby pea sprouts
- 50g smoked salmon
- pepper to season
1. Add water and vinegar in pot and bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer once water has boiled.
2. Crack egg into a small bowl or cup.
3. Create a vortex by gently swirling the water, then gently drop egg into the pot.
4. Let egg cook for 3 minutes before gently removing from pot. Cool the egg in a bowl of cool water immediately to stop cooking. Set aside.
1. Soak oats in milk for 15 minutes to make oatmeal.
2. Beat eggs, vanilla extract, sugar, butter, salt until well combined. Pour oatmeal into mixture to combine.
3. Sieve flour and baking powder into the wet mixture and fold till no more dry flour. Do not over mix. Let rest for another 5 minutes.
4. Heat up pan on medium high heat, well greased with butter. Once butter starts to bubble, scoop a ladle of pancake batter into pan.
5. Use spatula to tuck in sides of pancake to desired shape, let it cook for 2 minutes per side or till golden brown. Repeat for the rest of the batter.
6. Stack pancakes, spread cream cheese and top with pea sprouts, smoked salmon and poached egg. Season egg with cracked pepper.
7. Viola, enjoy your pancakes!