For air-fried chicken:
- 4 boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For oat seasoning:
- 50 grams Quaker Instant Oats
- 1 tablespoon milk powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken powder
- 45 grams olive oil spread
- 6 bird's eye red chilli, chopped
- 5 sprigs of curry leaves, leaves detached and cleaned
1. Preheat air fryer to 200 degrees C.
2. Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel and brush the skin-side of each piece with olive oil.
3. Combine smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl and sprinkle half the seasoning mixture evenly over the 4 chicken thighs. Turn thighs over and evenly sprinkle remaining seasoning mixture on top.
4. Fry in the preheated air fryer until chicken is brown and juices run clear, about 18 minutes. Remove and set aside.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine the oats, milk powder, sugar, and chicken powder.
6. In a frying pan, melt the olive oil spread. Add the chopped chili and curry leaves. Stir fry until fragrant. Add the cooked chicken thighs and stir gently, making sure each piece is well-coated.
7. Pour in the prepared oat seasoning mixture, then stir once again to ensure all the chicken thighs are coated. Stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes more until the oat mixture start to get toasted and become golden brown. Dish and serve hot.