- 3 cup Quaker quick cook oatmeal
- 1 cup shifted all-purpose flour
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1½ tsp salt
- ½ to 1 cup dark brown sugar (optional)
- 1 to 2 Tbsp coconut cream powder (optional, to get that traditional tasty coconut-y flavour)
- 150ml fresh milk or coconut milk
- 50gr sugar
- 20gr corn starch
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 egg yolks
Topping (as much as preferred):
- Sago pearls
- Coconut cream
Oat Pie Crust
1 Combine all oat pie crust ingredients, except melted butter.
2. Pour in melted butter one spoon at a time while keep mixing the ingredients.
3. Press it firmly on the bottom and sides of lightly greased pie plate.
4. Bake at 180'C -190'C depending how thick you want your crust is, basically bake until it is lightly brown in color.
5. As the crust cools slightly, gently push the crust back up the sides of the pie plate.
6. Once the crust has cooled completely, take it out from the pie plate and fill it with custard and serve with toppings.
1. In a low heat, mix in fresh milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Whisk egg yolks separately while adding a bit of the warm milk in a bowl. Pour into the remaining milk mixture while keep on stirring quickly to ensure it is dissolved well.
3. Mix corn starch with a bit of milk mixture until starch is dissolved in a separate bowl first, then cook together with the rest.
4. Keep stirring until you get a thick consistency, then add vanilla essence.
1. Cook sago pearls in a boiling water until it is cooked. Drain and mix in with coconut cream.
2. Sliced mango.