- 1 cup Quaker Rolled Oats
- 1 tablespoon of any neutral oil
- 2 tablespoon roasted nuts (peanuts, cashew, etc)
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 chopped green chillis (adjust depending on how spicy you want it)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup chopped vegetables (carrots, capsicum, peas, tomatoes - adjust based on preference)
- a dash of salt
- 1/2 lime
- some cilantro or other garnish
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. Once the mustard seeds pop, add onion, chilli, vegetables, turmeric powder, nuts and a dash of salt. Mix well.
3. Soak the Quaker Rolled Oats in water for about 5 minutes, then drain the water.
4. Add the oats to the pan and mix well. Add a bit of water and cook till the oats are softer but still firm.
5. Serve into a plate, squeeze the lime juice and top it with cilantro to garnish.