*For Bread Dough (make 6 cones)
- 175g bread flour
- 50g instant oatmeal (blended to powder)
- 25g cake flour
- 8g milk powder (optional)
- 1 egg yolk (about 20g)
- 25g caster sugar
- 150 ~ 160g milk
- 4g (1/2 tsp) salt
- 3g (3/4 tsp) instant yeast
- 25g unsalted butter
*This recipe require only 1 fermentation/proofing after dough shaping. Milk can be replaced with water but reduced 10g. For those who do not take egg, omit the egg and add 10g of water in replacement.
*For the tuna fillings:
- 3 tbsp oatmeal (toasted)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 can tuna
- 1/2 yellow onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 celery (finely chopped)
- Dashes of black pepper
- Dried or fresh parsley
- Coral lettuce
- Cherry tomatoes (cut half) or Normal tomatoes (sliced thinly)
- *Mayonnaise can be replaced with plain Greek yogurt.
For the Bread (hand knead):
1. Mix all ingredients except yeast and butter using dough whisk, spatula or dough scrapper until it forms a dough.
2. Cover and let it rest for 15 mins (This step will help in easier kneading later)
3. Lightly sprinkle working top with some flour and knead the dough for 5 mins. Add the yeast and knead till smooth and elastic (about 10-15 mins)
4. Add the butter and knead till windowpane (about another 10-15 mins)
5. Shape into ball, covered and rest 10 mins.
6. Degas and flatten and divide into 6 portions equally. Shape into balls and rest another 10 mins.
7. Roll each dough into a long rope about 12 inch length. Roll it around a cream horn shaper (or you can DIY with paper wrapped with aluminium foil). Lightly oil the shaper before rolling.
8. Ferment till double size (about 30-40 mins) at 29-30°C in an closed oven with a cup of hot water.
9. Egg wash, then sprinkle with sesame and some oats (optional).
10. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes (adjust accordingly to own oven temperature). Cool on rack and remove the shape.
For the fillings:
1. Prepare some coral lettuce and tomatoes
2. Toast 3 tbsp of oatmeal in oven at 160°C for 10 minutes or slightly browned and crisp. Mix them with all the other ingredients for tuna fillings.
3. Assemble and serve.(If you prefer to have it slightly warm, then you can warm in microwave or toast in oven after filling in the tuna for a short while before serving).