- 1 cup Quaker Whole Rolled Oat
- 2.5 cups water
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 4 hours, rinsed
- 2 cups home made Oatmilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
What's Christmas without egg nog? In this unprecedented year, with everyone staying home, what better way to bond with loved ones over a warm mug of egg nog - made extra creamy with oat milk!
To make Oat Milk:
1. Blend 1 cup of Quaker Whole Rolled Oats with 2.5cups of water for 30 seconds.
2. Strain through a clean Tshirt or towel. If kept in a sealed container, it can even last up to 5 days!
To make Oat Nog (essentially dairy free egg nog!):
1. Place all the ingredients in the blender. Whiz on high for 2 minutes, until smooth and creamy.
2. SERVED COLD: Pour oatnog into a large lidded jar and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Place a large ice cube in each glass, pour in oatnog, garnish as desired. Oatnog stays best in a lidded jar for up to 5 days.
3. SERVED WARM: Pour oatnog into a small pot over medium-low. Stir and heat until steaming. Serve it in a big cozy mug, and garnish as desired.
- fresh nutmeg, grated on a microplane
- Star anise
- cinnamon sticks or cinnamon sugar
- Whipped cream
- Quaker Oatmeal squares