- 1 cup of Quaker Oats
- 2 cups of water
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbs of oil
- 1 tea spoon of ginger thinly sliced
- 1 tea spoon of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbs of ground nut
- 1 red chilli break into 4 to 5 pieces
- 3 green chillies thinly sliced
- 1/4 tbs mustard seeds
- 1/4 tbs of cumin seeds
- 1/4 tbs of urad dhal split
- 1/4 tbs of chana dhal split
- 1 string of curry leaf ( 6 to 10 leaves)
- 1/2 tbs of ghee or bitter for better taste (optional)
1. Take a pan, pour the oil and once oil is heated add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dhal split, chana dhal split, red chili , roast it for a minute, add garlic, ginger, chilli, groundnut and once roasted properly until crispy and golden brown, add the curry lead.
2. Once curry leaf splutters pour 2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
3. Now add 1 cup of Quaker Oats, add salt to taste , keep mixing until the water is absorbed.
4. Serve in the plate and add 1/2 tbs of ghee/butter (optional) on the top of it and decorate with a curry leaf in the middle.
5. Ready to eat piping hot delicious mouth watering Oats Upma topped with ghee on the top of it.