- 3 tbs oil
- 15 pcs medium size prawn ( washed, pat dry, deveined, deshelled but leave the tail intact, set aside the shell and prawn head for making the broth)
- 1 thumb size ginger (sliced thinly)
- 500g clams (soaked in salted water to purge the sand for 2-3 hours, rinse and drain thoroughly )
- 1 lobster tail (washed and pat dry, chopped, shell intact)
- 2.5 tsp chicken powder
- salt and white pepper (to taste)
- 160g instant Quaker Oats
- 1.5 liter water
- Chinese parsley
- Fried Garlic
1. In a heated pot at medium high heat, drizzle 3 tbs oil. Add the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant
2. Add in all the prawn shell and head . Stir- fry for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add all the water in and let it come to boil. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for about 20 mins.
4. Strain away all the prawn shells and head.
5. Add in the lobster and let it simmer until the shell turns orange or the lobster is cooked through. Remove from the pot and set aside.
6. Add in the clam and let it simmer until the clam shells are open. This will only take a few minutes. Remove from the pot and set aside. Discard any unopened shell
7. Add in the oats, stir constantly to prevent lumps. Cook until the mixture slightly thickens
8. Add in the prawn and stir until the prawn are cooked. Add the chicken powder, salt and pepper. Stir well and turn off the heat.
9. Add in the lobster and clams into the porridge. Stir well.
10. Garnish with Chinese parsley and fried garlic. Serve immediately.