- 2 cups Quaker whole rolled oats
- 1 cup raw nuts and seeds (almond, cashew, walnut, pistachio, chia seeds are used here)
- ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ cup of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of dried fruits, roughly chopped
- ½ cup of unsweetened coconut flakes
1. Preheat oven to 180⁰C and line a large baking sheet with baking paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine and mix the oats, nuts, seeds, cinnamon and salt.
3. Pour over the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Mix well until oats and nuts are coated.
4. Pour onto baking sheet and use a spoon to spread into an even layer.
5. Baked for 10 minutes, give it a stir, and baked another 10 minutes.
6. Sprinkle coconut flakes on top and bake for further 5 minutes. Keep an eye not to overburnt the coconut.
7. Let the granola cool completely, undisturbed for at least an hour, then mix in dried fruits.
8. Store the granola in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for 1-2 weeks. It can also be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
9. Eat it on its own, with nut milk, or pour over your favourite yogurt or ice cream for an added boost of wholesome crunch.